We all want to eat healthy, but when it comes to the proverbial crunch, sometimes it’s just easier to open a packet of chips than to chop salad greens.
So, in the spirit of keeping it simple, today’s recipe is a breakfast that can double as a healthy snack or dessert and can even, with a simple splash of nut milk, be blitzed into a smoothie!
Berry Breakfast in a jar
- Your favourite fruit
- Raspberry and Strawberry Crush (recipe below)
- Coconut or greek yoghurt
- Gluten free muesli
- Dried fruit, nuts, seeds and honey for drizzling
- Combine 1 cup of your favourite berries with 1 frozen banana, 1 medjool date, the seeds from ¼ vanilla bean, 1 tsp of coconut oil and a splash of non-dairy milk (I love coconut milk) or water and blend. This will last for a couple of days in the fridge.
- Layer the ingredients in a glass jar and you’re all set for an on-the-go breakfast!
- Medjool dates are nature’s candy. They are sweet, delicious and high in potassium, dietary fibre and Vitamins such as A and K (good for your eyes). Coconut oil is your secret weight loss weapon! It turns on your body’s fat burning furnace by boosting your metabolism. It also helps reduce sugar cravings and softens fine lines; we love that, ladies!
That’s it. No more excuses for skipping breakfast for a greasy burrito!
Did you like this recipe? Then get clickity clicking, gorgeous… there’s plenty more to see!
And if you’re ready to slap emotional eating in the face and activate your inner Slim Girl, be sure to check out Drink Yourself Slim!
Drink Yourself Slim gives you 16 delicious recipes, plus a step by step path to activating your Slim Girl, one sexy superfood smoothie at a time! That’s over 80 pages of smooth ‘n sexy goodness!
CLICK HERE to check it out, lovely!
Did you like this post? Share with a bestie and let the world know!