CARROT, ORANGE & WALNUT PALEO MUFFINS
I may very well be the world’s biggest muffin fan
I’m never without a batch of muffins in my freezer, my fridge, my sock drawer (oops, did I say that out loud?) which is why I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today.
This little cutie is gluten free, paleo friendly and it comes with a side serve of taste-bud-drool.
Here’s how it’s done…
Carrot, Orange & Walnut Paleo Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted (soak in a small amount of warm water for 10 mins if they are dry)
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 3 organic eggs
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- Thin slices of orange for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine baking soda, cinnamon, almond flour and salt and set aside.
- Mix the bananas, eggs, vinegar, dates, orange rind and oil in your food processor and then add to dry mix along with the carrots and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
If you’re going to fancy them up with decorative orange slices, gently places the slices on top of each muffin after 15 minutes and continue as above.
Honestly, these are so super easy and crazy delicious you’ll wonder how you ever got by without them! Highly recommended when paired with my fabulous Coconut Berry Smoothie.