Let's talk about reason #103 why you keep overeating at night... "banking calories".
"I haven't eaten all day so I DESERVE this"
"I haven't eaten all day so I can AFFORD to eat this"
"I haven't eaten all day so I can SPLURGE now"
*insert whiney voice here*
Straight up, banking calories is not a thing. You can't "save now, spend later" when it comes to calories and what you eat. Your body needs sufficient calories all throughout the day so it can function efficiently. And if you don't give it those calories when it needs them, it will force you to eat tsunami-sized portions of food to compensate.
Straight up, banking calories is not a thing. You can't "save now, spend later" when it comes to calories and what you eat.
Here's what you should do instead:
1. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.
You might be busy with kids, meetings etc, but it only takes a moment to check-in and see how you're feeling.
2. IF YOU'RE HUNGRY, E.A.T!!
This is not rocket science. What do you feel like eating at that moment? Honour your body's needs. It's here to support you for the long haul. Respect that.
3. YOU DESERVE TO EAT WHAT YOU ENJOY.
You don't have to bank calories or wait for a special occasion to eat the doughnut. If you want it, eat it and enjoy it. The doughnut does not mean you have "ruined" your eating or "failed". It's just a doughnut. Enjoy it for what it is and move the fu*k on.
There is never going to be a "right time" to deal with your emotional eating. There is just time and you choose what to do with it.
It won't be easier tomorrow.
It won't be easier next week.
And it definitely won't be easier next month.
I want to be clear, you can't (and won't) do it before you're ready. That's okay, too. But you will need to push yourself *a little*.
Want a life and body that feels easy and not stressy? You gotta step up, girl.
It's not going to feel good, but that's what growing and becoming an even more amazing wife/mother/partner/woman looks like!
STEP 1 - What are you willing to DO to make your relationship with food (or anything) the way you want it?
STEP 2 - What are you willing to STOP doing to have things the way you want it?
STEP 3 - How can you do what's necessary to get the job done AND enjoy the process? (and p.s. there are a million options here)
Remember, the feelings you get from eating when you're not hungry are only a temporary escape. Changing your relationship with yourself lasts a lifetime.
And if you're looking for more ways to take control of your weight, take my FREE Weight Loss Course. Your butt will thank you for it!
Deliciously Healthy Banana Bread
Let’s be real… the only thing more comforting than a mother’s hug is a warm slice of banana bread dripping with butter. Am I right?
Well get ready, because this delicious little morsel is about to wrap you in a banana blanket of luuurve.
Here’s how it’s done…
Deliciously Healthy Banana Bread
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 cup of super ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon fine rock salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or low sugar Chock Rocks (enter the code “kylie” for 15% off)
- Preheat your oven to 165 degrees Celsius (325 degrees Fahrenheit) and use extra coconut oil to grease your loaf tin (I use a 9×5)
- Whisk the oil and honey together together a large bowl. Add the eggs, mashed banana and milk and whisk well.
- Add salt, vanilla, baking soda and cinnamon and whisk.
- Stir in the flour, nuts and chocolate (if you’re using them) and stir until just combined. (you may want to switch to a wooden spoon for spatula for this)
- Pour batter into the greased loaf tin bake for 55 to 60 minutes (or do that toothpick thingy to make sure the centre comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, before transferring it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before devouring.
Top with Blueberry Chia Jam for extra banana brownie points!
healthy recipe, healthy snacks, recipes
Other Sh*t You'll Love