Let's talk about reason #103 why you keep overeating at night... "banking calories".
"I haven't eaten all day so I DESERVE this"
"I haven't eaten all day so I can AFFORD to eat this"
"I haven't eaten all day so I can SPLURGE now"
*insert whiney voice here*
Straight up, banking calories is not a thing. You can't "save now, spend later" when it comes to calories and what you eat. Your body needs sufficient calories all throughout the day so it can function efficiently. And if you don't give it those calories when it needs them, it will force you to eat tsunami-sized portions of food to compensate.
Straight up, banking calories is not a thing. You can't "save now, spend later" when it comes to calories and what you eat.
Here's what you should do instead:
1. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.
You might be busy with kids, meetings etc, but it only takes a moment to check-in and see how you're feeling.
2. IF YOU'RE HUNGRY, E.A.T!!
This is not rocket science. What do you feel like eating at that moment? Honour your body's needs. It's here to support you for the long haul. Respect that.
3. YOU DESERVE TO EAT WHAT YOU ENJOY.
You don't have to bank calories or wait for a special occasion to eat the doughnut. If you want it, eat it and enjoy it. The doughnut does not mean you have "ruined" your eating or "failed". It's just a doughnut. Enjoy it for what it is and move the fu*k on.
There is never going to be a "right time" to deal with your emotional eating. There is just time and you choose what to do with it.
It won't be easier tomorrow.
It won't be easier next week.
And it definitely won't be easier next month.
I want to be clear, you can't (and won't) do it before you're ready. That's okay, too. But you will need to push yourself *a little*.
Want a life and body that feels easy and not stressy? You gotta step up, girl.
It's not going to feel good, but that's what growing and becoming an even more amazing wife/mother/partner/woman looks like!
STEP 1 - What are you willing to DO to make your relationship with food (or anything) the way you want it?
STEP 2 - What are you willing to STOP doing to have things the way you want it?
STEP 3 - How can you do what's necessary to get the job done AND enjoy the process? (and p.s. there are a million options here)
Remember, the feelings you get from eating when you're not hungry are only a temporary escape. Changing your relationship with yourself lasts a lifetime.
And if you're looking for more ways to take control of your weight, take my FREE Weight Loss Course. Your butt will thank you for it!
If you know anything about me, you know that for over 30 years I’ve had one heck of a struggle with emotional eating…
Every night before I went to bed, I prayed I would wake up with thighs the size of pencils. Every morning when I awoke, I would shuffle to the bathroom scales for a fresh dose of self-judgement.
I was either binge eating or dieting.
There was no in between.
If it was coated in icing, cream or chocolate then move outta my way, coz I was EATING IT!
It took me a while, but I FINALLY learned two very important things:
1. What I was doing was not working AND
2. I never wanted to count another calorie, weigh my food, measure fat grams, points or grit my teeth through another fad diet EVER AGAIN!
If you’re reading this sentence, then it’s safe to say you know the pain of emotional eating, hating your body and yo-yo dieting.
The weighing of fat grams, the counting of calories; we become our very own mad scientist!
You try the No Carb Diet, the all Carb Diet, the Blood Type Diet, the Blood Sugar Diet, the Vegan, Raw and Paleo Diet and yet you’re STILL fighting with the same 20 kilos year after year…
Well, if you’re about to drown your sorrows in another chocolate-fueled frenzy, STOP!
I have some fabulous, game changing news for you!
You’re NOT weak.
You’re NOT powerless.
You CAN overcome this.
And what’s more, I’m about to make it happen!
- Waking up each morning with a feeling of excitement and positivity, instead of hoping like crazy you can resist devouring the entire contents of your refrigerator (before noon).
- Enjoying foods that you actually feel good about eating (not because you should, but because you want to)
- Feeling a sense of calm at the end of each day rather than following the old “binge and hate yourself” cycle.
- Actually being excited to attend the latest party because you FINALLY feel GOOD about yourself AND your body (yes, it IS possible to have both!)
- Having a support network that is there for you 24/7. Yup, that’s right. You’ll become part of a Sisterhood of loving, compassionate and understanding women who KNOW what you’re going through because they’ve been there too. PLUS I’ll be right by your side the whole time to support you as we kick this thing together!
The team and I have been working our little butts off here at Ditch the Diet Central to bring this program to you and now IT’S HERE!
I’m so thrilled to share it with you!
Find out more here, lovely!
Here’s to Ditching the Diet!
binge eating, ditch the diet, ditch the diet online bootcamp, eat real food, emotional eating, empower, love your body, weight loss, weight loss secrets, weight loss tips
Other Sh*t You'll Love